When it’s time to buy a bike online, Schwinn is a reliable name to remember. They are manufacturing all kinds of bicycles with excellent quality and price.
They gain reliability with their quality of products and good service. In the cyclist community, the road bike Schwinn Volare 1400 review is quite famous for its lower price & excellent performance.
Is it worth buying?
This review can help you to decide.
How do we review it?
- We took the expert’s opinion from this field. And find out the pros & cons of the bike. Also, learn ’for whom’ it is good or bad.
- Analyze real rider experience from different groups forums & e-commerce websites.
- Use our own experience of riding the bike.
- Type: Roadbike
- Department: Men & women
- Frame: Schwinn Aluminum
- Fork: Rigid Steel
- Groupset: Shimano (Shifter & Derailleurs)
- Brakes: Shimano Tourney RD A070, Double pivot brake shifter combo
- Speed:14 (2X7)
- Wheel: 28″ double wall
- Tire: 28mm
- Handle: Drop bar (aluminum)
- Weight:28 pounds(12.7kg)
- Saddle: Aluminium
How is it?
Schwinn Volare 1400 comes 90% preassembled in the shipping package. It is available in two different colors. Both look great with a classic design. The lightweight aluminum frame provides a speedy and smooth ride.
The rigid steel frame is resistant to fatigue. Shifting gets comfortable with Shimano 14-speed shifter & derailleurs. The double-pivot braking lever with a shifter combo is an exciting feature you will get with it.
The lightweight saddle & drop bar handles give you a comfortable ride. 28″ wheel with 28mm tire gives a perfect on-road riding experience.
Suitable for: Beginners, commuting, exercise, on-road & short-distance riding.
Not suitable for: Amateur or professional race, offroad & long-distance riding.
Reasons to buy:
- A good starter/commuter road bike at a low price.
- It is budget-friendly and offers a fair value for the cost.
- The Red/Matte purple frame gives it a classic but gorgeous look.
- It comes with 90% preassembled parts. Only to set up the front wheel, saddle, and handlebar. It’s easy to set them up.
- The lightweight frame offers great speed & a comfortable riding experience.
- Shifting & braking gets comfortable with the brake-shifter combo. However, it needs a little tuning after buying.
- It comes with a quick-release tire that eases maintenance.
- A high-quality saddle and a drop handlebar ensure great comfort.
Reasons not to buy:
- Complaints of missing parts & damaged package is recorded many times.
- Not the right choice for long-distance riders. Many customers claimed that ”Its survival rate is not good for long rides.”
- A little heavy for racing but ok for commuting. Suitable for the beginner but not for the professional racer.
- Big in size. Not ideal for some riders of short height.
- Few customers complained about the tube. They received it flat in a fresh new package.
- 14-speed derailleurs don’t favor offroad riding.
- A couple of customers reported that front derailleurs don’t work well.
- The tires are a little less grippy.
Despite having some limitations, this bike offers a great deal on the entry-level road bike., This bike has some fantastic features except for some minor issues at this price point. Positive reviews are lots against a few critical reviews. If you are looking for a good starter bike, it can be a good option for you.
If you do like our reviews please subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss our latest advice & bike reviews.