A battery mount or tray holds the battery in its place on the electric bike. A good battery mount is a must for the safety and stability of the battery. But the mount gets rusty and weak over time. Eventually, it struggles to hold the battery tight. Thus, the battery can start jerking on the frame. Even it can fall down from the bike. In this situation, you should replace the battery mount.
But, most people don’t know which mount to get and how to replace it. That’s why I have come up with this blog. It’s a step-by-step guide on choosing the suitable battery mount for rad power bikes and replacing it correctly.
When to replace rad power bikes battery mount
Many questions come to mind when talking about battery mount replacement. But the first question is when to replace it.
Well, replace it when the mount itself threatens the safety of the battery. When the battery is jerking like hell and tends to fall, it’s time to replace the mount. However, this situation can arise for two reasons. Here are the reasons below.
- Hit: The battery mount can get bent after a crash or hit. After that, it fails to hold the battery tight. As a result, the battery starts jerking and tends to fall. So, whenever your bike gets a hit check the battery mount out. Thus, you can know if the mount needs replacement or not.
- Rust: Rust is a thing that can appear in any metallic bike part over time. When the mount gets rusty, it starts exhausting. Consequently, the grip gets poor on the battery. As a result, the battery begins jerking and tends to fall.
|Freaky Tip: The battery mount gets rusty faster when it frequently contacts moisture. So, You must store the bike in a dry place to keep the mount from rusting. Also, keep the bike away from the rain to prevent rust.|
How to replace rad power bike battery mount
Now you know when to replace the battery mount. So, get a new one and replace the old one. Here are the tools or supplies you will need to do the replacement job.
- A new battery mount
- Hex wrench
- Zip ties
After getting all the tools, perform the replacement job.
Step-1: Remove the old battery mount
In the very first step, you have to remove the old one. You should do it carefully. Otherwise, you can damage the battery or other parts. Anyways, follow the below steps to do it correctly.
- Firstly, make the bike ready for maintenance. For that, turn the switch off and remove the battery.
- Secondly, you have to disconnect the connector. Before that, take a picture of the connector. It’s crucial to remember which wiring connects with which. After clicking the photo, you can disconnect the connector without worry.
- Lastly, remove the battery mount. For that, you will need a suitable hex key. Generally, a 4mm hex wrench is compatible with rad power bikes. Using the correct size hex key is crucial. Otherwise, the bolts can get damaged. However, loosen all the bolts and remove the mount.
Step-2: Install the new battery mount
After removing the old one, it’s time to install the new one. Again, you must do it correctly. Otherwise, the stability issue won’t solve. So, let’s do it accordingly.
- Firstly, place the battery mount in the correct place. However, you should stabilize it while installing it. For that, tie the mount with the bike frame. You can do it with scotch tape. But using zip ties is better as it’s easy to remove. Anyways, place the mount correctly and tie it with zip ties.
- Secondly, tighten the bolts. Again use a suitable hex key to do so. Before that, double-check if the mount sits correctly or not. After confirmation, you can tighten them but don’t overtight them.
- Thirdly, reconnect the connector. Use the picture you have clicked earlier and connect the wiring accordingly. Do it carefully, so the cables don’t get twisted together. After that, cut the zip ties. The mount should stay in its place.
- Lastly, reinstall the battery, and you are ready to go.
Frequently asked questions
How do I store my rad power bike battery?
You must store the rad power bike battery at room temperature. It’s vital for smooth discharging and a longer lifespan of the battery. But what is room temperature? Well, 25 to 30 degrees Celcius is room temperature.
Do Rad bikes have removable batteries?
Yes! Rad bikes have removable batteries. Most electric bikes from rad power feature key-lock systems on batteries. So, it’s super easy to remove them. It helps you to check the battery level and charge it with convenience.
How much does a rad power bike battery mount cost?
An electric bike battery mount can cost from 20 to 30 USD. If you are looking for a battery mount for rad power bikes, you can get one at 25 to 30 USD. So it’s really cheap to get a battery mount for rad power bikes.
Rad power bikes is a premium electric bike brand. Their bikes can cost from 1500 to 3000 USD. Their batteries alone cost around 500 USD. You won’t like it if the battery falls and gets damaged. So, you must ensure the stability and safety of the battery. That’s why you should remove the mount and install a new one.
However, rad power bikes need particular types of trays for batteries. It also requires a specific replacement process. So, this blog will be helpful for you.
However, enjoy riding your rad power bike.